Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ah, techynology.

First, I would like to formally apologise for the past two weeks of my extreme emo-ness. Jeez, suck it up, woman! At this rate people would think I'm a pathetic emo with a pathetic life having a pathetic mental breakdown. Which, contrary to popular belief, i am not.

(ok, sometimes i am, but it's all because of the AUSMAT stress! But that's ok. Life goes on. God knows best. ^^).

Life is already so complicated, i don't know why i made it even more unbearable with my bucket-full of emo-ness. Holy macaroni..

ANYWAYS..

I have nothing particularly interesting to rant about this week.
But i guess i'll tell you about my new laptop which i got a few days before.. (awesome!)
It was Sunday, and i was sitting at the student house, doing nothing particularly interesting nor educational. Sundays only come once in a week, and i always reserve all my laziness to be spilled out on Sundays.. Bearing in mind, there WAS an economics assignment my group and i had to do, but it's SUNDAY.

Chill a little.. hehehheheheheheh..*evil laugh. ( Somehow i'd always come to regret this a few days afterwards... oh sweet irony.)

Lazing around i was, when suddenly i got this sms from my mom- "Dra, we're coming with your new laptop."

A brand spanking, mould-free, virus-free, new laptop for moi?? Really?
(My family PC is full of viruses and disgusting moulds.. don't ask me where they came from. I don't know, and don't want to know.. ) So really??
Really now?
Hurah! That's fantabulous! Really really awesome! *jumps up and down retardedly*

Though, it kind of took me by surpsrise since it was only the day before that i told my parents i maybe, "kinda" needed a laptop. And come Sunday~ shebang! A shiny new one. Thank you mom and dad. I'm lucky and i know i don't deserve it.
I couldn't stop smiling the whole day, thinking about my new laptop- what it would look like, what brand it would be, what colour it is-- (i've always wanted white.) I hope they didn't spend too much on it though. I hate it when people spend too much money on me; it's just this stupid mindset i have. It simply makes me uncomfortable. I like to earn things for myself, supposedly i'm "miss independent". Therefore when someone just buys things for me, i feel as if my independence is "stolen" somehow. It's weird and self-riteous isn't it? Like i've said, it's a stupid mindset..
Anyways, finally that afternoon, mom came with *my* new laptop in hand, and I came out of the house with that silly excited grin on my face. Thus i greeted the laptop. I mean, Mom. :D

Mom opened it and there he was.. My new beloved. Oh my, i can't describe how grateful and happy i was.. It's a black Compaq laptop and i think it's BEAUTIFUL. Edward Cullen buzz off! You don't stand a chance against my new darling laptop. hehe..
Maybe it's nothing special to you; in fact, i know "technically" it isn't the most well-equipped or most beautiful laptop in the world, but i love it nonetheless. It fits me. It's special because my parents bought it for me, and i've never really gotten something so expensive before.. And it's a laptop for God's sake. Who wouldn't want a parent-sponsored laptop right??

Obviously, i'll treasure it. I mean, obviously. As if you haven't read me rant about how much i l o v e it in these past few lines.

Here's a picture:




(i've decided to call it "Miko". Cute name, is it not?)
Better than Napolean at least. Haha, Nana just kidding.


Great! No more bothering my housemates in borrowing their laptops, no more snooping around people's PCs, no more making innocent "please can I.." faces to my friends whenever i want to go to the internet. Though i really appreciate their kindness in lending me their computers, i'm grateful i don't have to trouble them anymore. Oh, liberation!


I'm advanced!


With all my excitement, i'm sure you wouldn't have guessed that i actually hate technology. I think it's gotten to an extent where technology just seeps into every single crevice of our personal lives. it's annoying, it's just messy; with all those complicated wires and all. But i guess we can't avoid ot since it's become a necessity these days. I mean, I wouldn't have completed my Economics and Physics assignments without the computer.

However, I think sometimes life does get even more troublesome with all this technology. Though i do aknowledge that it does indeed bring certain benefits to society, it's nonetheless irritating when you have to do this and that just for simple, menial tasks; like adjusting the freaking spacing in Microsoft Word. (Or maybe i'm just not good at it, which i guess is a more plausible cause of me hating it. Meheh. )

Another GREAT example is video editing. My groupmates and i can attest to this. God knows how many times we had to restart the computer; or how many times we lost our data just because of a stupid glitch or a small mistake. Sheesh.. technology.

I hate handphones too. Those SMSes--they're so impersonal. I like talking better. That's why i didn't want a handphone until i entered college, where it became a necessity. I used to have a secondhand handphone when i was 14, but i gave it away since i hated the fact that people can contact (i.e. bother) me anywhere i go. It's so restricting. I guess i just prefer having my own personal time for myself, not spending it on replying text messages. Plus, my fingers get sore after a while of pressing handphone keys. Haha. (Whiny..)

Whatever happened to letters anyway? I think it's a great way to personally connect with friends. It far better than boring SMSes and impersonal friendster comments. With letters you get to touch the same paper the sender has touched; feel the curves of their handwriting, laugh at the doodles they drew themselves. Much better. I think letters are very romantic in their own way. In a way that typed words can never match.

Sadly, letter-writing isn't really practiced anymore nowadays. I must admit i'm a hypocrite also, since i no longer write letters as often as i used to. There are two letters i wrote to my friends that i wanted to send, but forgetfulness and time always gets in the way.. *sigh*.

That said, i'm still happy with my little Miko here-- since now i can go to the net and research without bothering people like the parasite that i am.. :)



I hate technology, but i hate it less now.


Here's to the beginning of a (hopefully) long and prosperous relationship between me and my Miko!
Meloves you long time...


PS- This is the first blog post that i've written using Miko! Huray for us~~

9 comments:

  1. yea i like letters too! i like to read words that are written by people because handwritings are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right? :) Plus, the feeling of opening an unopened envelope sent to you.. It's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waahh..a cute name for a laptop
    miko..miko..
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i named my laptop
    minah.
    cool huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. napoleon hates you now
    good thing to
    because he's thinking about leaving me
    stupid sheep
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. To keciq: Tq2. Haha.Inspiration from Milo. :P

    To mud: Peh. Not original lah..haha. Tapi sesuai kot. Mud & his "minah". :D

    To Nannae: He's leaving u for me! Owh yeah~~
    He just can't stand ur busux-ness... ^.^
    & don't think i can't see u torturing him daily.. ur evil! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. need to name my lappy too..
    any suggestion?
    haha
    mybe i should call it nadon..
    muahahahahah~

    ReplyDelete
  8. to sayang:

    Hahaha..
    Only cute things can be called nadon. Is your lappy cute enough?? ^^

    If so i'll give my blessings... hahahah.

    Other suggestions:
    -Jude (i somehow like that name)
    -MojoJojo (srious comel la..:B)
    -Syafiqaton (haha! "nadon" the "syafiqa" version)

    Tats all. Pay me if you want more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. syafiqaton?!!!

    u noe that i love u so much but it doesn't mean that we have to combine names...
    haha

    ReplyDelete