Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poems..

I like poems. I used to write a lot of them, but then my computer broke down one day, and all my saved poems were GONE. Yeah, so that pretty much made me all wary of writing poems in the computer.. It's a shame nowadays that i don't write poems anymore.. It was fun back then. I don't know why i stopped. I guess i was afraid people would read it; and it's better to express myself in drawings-- where only I myself would understand what i was trying to say..



Anyway.. I've found this poem on someone's blog.. I think it's very beautiful. I really enjoy reading war poems. There's something special, and sad and poignant about them. They're really the very few things on this earth that can melt my icy, stone-cold heart. :P Bah.



*Love poems are overrated; they're beautiful too, but most are just plain CORNY and unoriginal. Pleh.




So here; read. It's nice..

*I'd like to dedicate this poem to my dad; Jeannot Bin Abdul Karim.. Luv you.


(I didn't write this though..)



The old man was bent over his desk,

His silver hair gleaming under the candlelight,

He was writing quite feverishly,

With smudged fingers and bad eyesight,

He was writing a letter to his son, you see,

He missed him very much,

But his son has not written back,

In thirteen years or such,

"I'm so proud he joined the army,

But he had to go away,

He was stationed elsewhere, you see,

And he left without delay.

There was a huge pile of letters on the man's desk,

All of them unopened,

All had "return to sender" stamped on them,

All were to his son.

The old man fell sick that winter,

And he never got better,

Although he was covered in his letters,

"Please tell my son I'm sorry,

That he will be all alone.

Tell him I died happy,

That I died safe and warm".

He wheezes,

And wrapped the thin blanket around his blanket,

He lay back on his mattress,

And closed his eyes for eternity,

I cleaned his room after the funeral,

And looked through things.

A letter had come from camp twelve years ago,

It had been left unseen.

It read,

"Dear daddy,I'm dying from a gunshot wound,

And I won't be getting better,

I love you,

Never forget that,

Live a long and happy life,

That's all I ever wanted,

I'm getting very dizzy now,

Everyone is gone,

That's all i had to say,

Love forever,

Your son".













Isn't it so sad and touching~~ hwaaaaaaa.....~~~ (If you don't feel anything; you're a hollow; hollow person.. haha.)


By the way; here's my favourite war poem. It's called Flander's Field, written by John McCrae.

http://www.constitutional.net/flanders_field.html

http://www.greatwar.nl/frames/default-poppies.html



That's all~

2 comments:

  1. can you believe it??
    im listening to really funky music
    and yet that poem made me...
    made me...
    T.T
    honestly
    im not lying~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. you DO have a heart.. ^.^
    Yah. The poem is touchingly sad..

    ReplyDelete