Friday, April 10, 2009

Insomnia

I went to Greenway the other day; you know, the grocery store at Centrepoint- where the items are overpriced and it smells way funky and the workers are whistling perverts who make "kissing noises" at you? Yeah, that greenway.

That day I picked my grocery as usual and paid for it, as usual. As i got out of the store i felt something missing; and then i found out what it was.

What did i pay for? Groceries.
Where is it now? Not in my hands.
Am i that stupid? Apparently yes.
I turn back to find that my groceries are still there at the paying counter.

Genius i tell you, Genius! hahaha.

The other day i bought roti canai at the cafe, and as i seated myself at a table, i forgot to get the curry, and the spoon and fork. Dangit.

I pay the canteen guy for my mineral water and i went away before he could even give me one.
Get me a nobel prize, will ya?? Huih.

Actually I think i know why i've been acting more absent-mindedly than usual..

I think i've been getting insomnia lately. I just can't sleep at night, and these days i tend to sleep at 4.00 or 4.30 a.m., which is extremely good for my health.
The next day i wake up looking like a cross between Kung Fu Panda and a zombie. Oh BEAUTY.. Feeling crabby and crappy all the same.

Problem is, i don't know why i'm suddenly an insomniac..




I simply just don't feel like sleeping . A few hours later the alarm rings and i have to wake up at 9 a.m. for college; and i kick myself in the a$$ for not sleeping earlier the night before. then i get cranky and i curse at a speed of 989 kilometres per hour in my head. Horrible.

I wish there was a drug to pop me right back into life. Coffee just doesn't work for me. It honestly does nothing to me. I feel so sorry for Miss Effa especially, since i always tend to sleep in her class. Not because she doesn't teach well, it's just that i really hate maths and when i'm sleepy i have and even stronger desire to murder whoever it was who invented maths. And then i shake it off by sleeping. Way to go... This is totally the way to get higher maths marks i assure you.. Meh.

I've read on the news once that sleep deprivation can lower your IQ. Oh noes....! My IQ is already unstable lately. It fluctuates from sheer stupidity to normal more often than not. Now how am i going to answer all those easy AUSMAT questions??? I need my IQ! *worries..*

I've searched the internet on tips for better sleep at night. These are what i got:

Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco. Coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola drinks are all high in caffeine. Although alcohol is a depressant, research has shown that it, as well as tobacco, upsets sleep patterns and prevents people from experiencing a deep rest. Avoid all of these substances four to six hours before bedtime.


* Engage in daily physical exercise. People with office jobs have far more trouble with insomnia than people whose work is physical in nature. Fifteen minutes a day of exercise will give your body the activity and oxygen it needs to help you relax more and sleep longer.


* Reserve your bed for the purpose of sleep. When you get into bed, your body should be programmed to shut down and get rest. So avoid eating, reading, working, or watching television in bed. It will confuse your body and prolong the process of getting to sleep.


* Sleep in a well-ventilated room. Fresh air and a room temperature between 60 and 65 degrees will provide the best sleeping conditions. Keep the thermostat down and adjust your temperature from inside the bed with the appropriate amount of sheets or blankets.

So i'm trying my best to follow some tips here and there; to help me get through the night peacefully. But for one, i don't drink coffee, so i guess the first tip is useless for me. I hate excercising, so the second tip is a huge challenge of epic propotions for my lazy, lazy bottom... I presume the only tip i'm able to do is the third one, which is try to make my bed a real bed; not a place to eat or to study or to watch movies.. Owhh my.

I didn't know sleeping could be so hard... T_T.

Gambate! Sleep Nadon, sleep~~ (-_-)zzzzzZZZzz

4 comments:

  1. you LEFT your groceries at the counter???
    nadon!!!
    why oh why
    such embarassment~
    yosh!!
    u shud try sleeping at 3 la roomie
    like me
    hoho

    ReplyDelete
  2. get on your bed. Read economics textbook..I'll sleep in two minutes. Second tips, don't sleep during the day (afternoon, evening, maghrib, etc)..you'll get so tired at night that u'll be sleeping like a baby, hahaa.

    And-go exercise~ jogging will sure make u tired and induce ur sleepy-ness at night. hahahahh

    p/s: probably I'll get imsomnia soon, thinking of my chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to nanae-
    Yeah. I've left my groceries almost four times already. EMBARRASSING! Meh, wuts new? pfft.haha

    Sleeping at 3??? Oh puh-leeze. Do not give yourself as a "good" example. haha~~ You archi 1 students have evening classes, not like my morning classes! haiyarh~~!

    PS- i'm thinking of stealing napoleon.. MAYBE he'll help e sleep better. Heheheheheh.

    To athira:
    Hahah! Good one. I'll try that. But i'm not as rajin as you la athira.. huhuh.

    Come to think about it, i DO tend to sleep during evenings.. hm, but i can't help it! So tired leh.. (haha, horrible).

    Excercise? -- not ever! :P

    Athira, ur chemistry is far better than me.. huhuhuh. G'luck on the nxt test btw. I know i need whole truckload of LUCK. haih..

    ReplyDelete