Thursday, January 15, 2009

Morning Classes..


I'd like mornings better if they started later. ~Author Unknown

It's 9.01 a.m, 16th January, 2009.
So there I was in KBU, running wildly with my heavy bag, my light head, my partially bruised ego and my sore legs; laughing myself silly. Can you imagine that? It must've been a horrible sight, whatnot with the awfully disturbing way I run. I've been searching everywhere for my classroom but i just couldn't find it. And I still couldn't stop laughing.

It's 9.03 a.m. and I know I'm three minutes late for Chemistry class. People look at me like I've just escaped from the asylum but i don't care. I'm late! I haven't been late for a week, and my new year's resolutions include NOT being late, but I'm late! Miss Prema would not be pleased..

So why was I laughing hysterically? There's a long and embarrassing answer to that question. You might find it funny, you might find it sad- it depends on how cruel and easily amused you are. haha.

Flashback to the night before, or shall i say early morning. It's 2.30 a.m and my brain is grilled to a crisp due to overuse, after doing a thousand difficult maths questions. I finally slept at 3.00 a.m. after pondering whether or not i'll be able to make it through until the end of the year. Our seniors warned us it would be stressful, but you never really feel it until you've experienced it yourself. The questions never leave me alone.. What if i fail? What if I don't make it? Where will I go after this?? These thoughts can kill you, you know..
Maybe I should start taking sleeping pills.. *ponders*.

It's 6.00 a.m and my ever-faithful and dependable alarm woke me up the next day for morning prayers, and I quickly went back to sleep after that. Then, it woke me up again at 8.15 a.m., and I'm reminded of why i hate morning classes so much. The alarm, called Nana, (also known as my roommate), managed to complete the daunting task of waking me up from my eternal slumber. In all honesty, waking up the next morning was one of the most difficult things i had to do! My eyelids were as heavy as sumo wrestlers and my mind was a daze. I felt like a drunken woman.

I hurriedly got ready for college, and just as I was about to go, I heard the sound of the KBU shuttle van vrooming away. Great. Brilliant. How wonderful. (Find the antonyms for these previous words and you'll know exactly how i felt.) Now i have to trouble Mia again, by tagging along in her car.
Finally, I arrived in KBU, with 2 minutes left to spare. Just in time. Success! (It amazes me how such mediocre achievements leave me feeling so accomplished. I have such low standards. Haha.)

I thought that was the end of my troubles. I thought I could still stick to my new year's resolutions. How wrong I was. So very, very wrong.

I waited for the elevator, and while doing this I realised I forgot to bring the homework i had toiled over the other night. My head was full of wonderful words starting with the letters 's' and 'f'. One privilage of being bilingual is that there are a range of curse words to choose from. I used them all. (in my head). Yes, "crickey" was also used.

It turns out that on Fridays, Architecture 2 had classes in another room. My friend told me that she remembered it to be "class A515 or something like that..." So i dashed to the fifth floor. I knew for certain that there isn't any class called A515, so I assumed my friend mispronounced, and that it was actually my old class, A512. Yes, i'm a bad student for not remembering it myself. Blame short-term memory loss and a night of doing applicable maths. Of course I'm never going to blame myself.

I ran and I opened the door to class A512. I swished in quickly, thinking I was late. Everybody seemed so quiet. I searched for a chair to sit on, and then I saw Wei Kang's face.
Wei Kang is not my classmate. Wei Kang is in the Engineering class. Wei Kang is not in Architecture two. Oh no. Please no.
Wei Kang!!! (to the reader, please pronounce this in a chinese accent, so as to get the full force of the mood I was in. Haha. Apologies to Wei Kang.)

I realised I was in the wrong class!! Yikes! Dangit! Crickey!!
My face must've been so red at the time. All eyes were on me.
Then I produced a muffled laugh and the whole class laughed along with me. I ran straight out of the door without saying anything to the lecturer. I really regretted this afterwards, but my mind was running a thousand miles at that time. I didn't even get a chance to see the lecturer's face, because I was so embarrassed I just had to run away. So I don't know who was teaching the class that morning. I apologise deeply to him or her who was teaching that day.

I dashed out of the class and laughed uncontrollably. I can't help it; the absurdity of the situation. I've had many more embarrassing moments, but this ranks in the top 10. Then, I went to the 7th floor, and jumped off the higest rooftop, and that's how i died. Well, not exactly, but that's how i felt like doing..haha.

So there I was, 9.03 a.m., running like a demented maniac along the corridors of KBU, still searching for my class. How funny and sad and embarrassing at the same time!
Finally, I called my classmate and she told me that the class was actually on the third floor. How tiring..

When i finally reached the classroom, I was out of breath. I was five minutes late, but it turned out that Miss Prema hadn't started teaching yet, so I was lucky. I didn't get scolded, so I was fortunate. But really, I was just grateful that I finally came into the right classroom.

What a morning indeed. I shall never sleep late before morning classes again. Never. Learnt my funny lesson this time.

If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late. ~Henny Youngman

I hear you, Mr Henry Youngman. Very wise indeed..


5 comments:

  1. you just HAD to mention my name eh, roomie?
    wait..
    wait wait wait.......
    you entered the WRONG class???
    and the ENGINEERING one too?????????
    hilarious lol
    if you'd have told me this then, i wouldnt laugh so hard like I am right now~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangit. I sound so WHINY in this blog...^.^ Ungrateful old me.. i should be thankful that i even get the privilege of education. huhuhuhu..

    To Nana--
    Hey, at least you're not Wei Kang.. haha. You know how many times i mentioned HIS name? :DD

    Of course i didn't tell you. I waited till you read my blog.. hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hohohohoohoho~
    it's best to maintain your cool even when ur late, matey. take it from someone who knows! hahahah....XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall keep that in mind natto-san.. uih. ^.^

    ReplyDelete